jeudi 29 mai 2014

Edward Snowden se considère toujours comme un patriote


Retour du New York Times sur l'entrevue accordée par Edward Snowden au journaliste Brian Williams de la chaîne NBC. L'entrevue était diffusée hier soir.

 "In trying to justify his actions to Mr. Williams, Mr. Snowden said he still considered himself to be working on behalf of the American people and government, even if the Obama administration does not see it that way.

“How can it be said that I did not serve my government when all three branches have made reforms as a result of it?” he asked. “Being a patriot doesn’t mean prioritizing service to government above all.”

He continued, “It means knowing when to protect your country, when to protect your Constitution, when to protect your countrymen from the violations and encroachments of adversaries.” Such adversaries “do not have to be foreign countries,” he added. “They can be bad policies.”

Mr. Williams pressed Mr. Snowden about any regrets he might have almost a year after fleeing the United States. “What don’t I miss?” he said. “I miss my family. I miss my home. I miss my colleagues. I miss the work.”

But he said none of that made him regret his actions, although he would like to come home, as unlikely as that seems to be. He said he did not want his case to discourage whistle-blowers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/us/politics/snowden-says-he-was-a-spy-not-just-an-analyst.html?ref=todayspaper

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Les Tours de Laliberté migrent: rejoignez-moi sur le site du Journal de Québec et du Journal de Montréal

Depuis un certain temps je me demandais comment faire évoluer mon petit carnet web. La réponse m'est parvenue par le biais d'u...