lundi 22 août 2016

"Je n'ai pas le temps de lire" (Donald Trump)


La citation qui coiffe ce billet est tirée d'un livre qui sera bientôt publié par des journalistes du Washington Post.

 "A passage that hints at Trump’s likely style if he were to move into the Oval Office: “At Trump Tower, he kept no computer on his desk, and he avoided reading extensive reports or briefings. He preferred to be told about issues orally, and quickly.

“One day in June, he had a visit from a delegation of prominent executives from the oil, steel, and retail industries, and one of the CEOs told Trump that the Chinese were taking advantage of the United States. ‘He said, “I’d like to send you a report,”' Trump recalled [in a June interview with the authors]. ... 'I said, "Do me a favor, don’t send me a report. Send me, like, three pages." ... I’m a very efficient guy. I want it short.’” (p. 346-7)

Perhaps the juiciest nugget, from an April interview with the authors: “He had no time to read, he said. As the reality of the nomination had become clear, he’d thought about digging into a biography of a president – he hadn’t had a chance to read one – ‘but I don’t have much time.’” (p. 347)

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/washington-post-trump-book-best-parts-227259

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Les Tours de Laliberté migrent: rejoignez-moi sur le site du Journal de Québec et du Journal de Montréal

Depuis un certain temps je me demandais comment faire évoluer mon petit carnet web. La réponse m'est parvenue par le biais d'u...